Natalie is a Baby Massage Instructor and her course runs for 4 weeks in Chingford, East London. During these 4 weeks, Natalie teaches parents to massage their baby using gentle, rhythmic strokes on each part of a baby's body.
This is a really relaxing and fun class for local parents and babies in Chingford, E4; either come with your own formed group or come to meet other parents and babies. The course gives parents the skills and confidence to perform a full body massage routine which can be incorporated
into the baby’s daily or weekly routine. Baby Massage helps to relax babies and sooth discomforts.
Baby Massage has a range of benefits for both the parents and the baby, including:
- It provides a dedicated, quiet time for parent and baby to really understand one another;
- It reduces stress hormones such as Cortisol in both parent and baby;
- It supports relaxation for parent and baby by releasing the ‘feel good’ hormones Oxytocin and Prolactin;
- Massage communicates love, warmth and security to the baby;
- It aids the bonding process between parent and baby;
- It helps the baby with their transition from the womb to the outside world;
- It can aid healthy body-to-brain communication by stimulating the nervous system;
- It can improve the baby’s proprioception (the awareness of each body part in space).
In addition, Baby Massage can have a number of health benefits as it works on all the systems of the body for example, the digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems. In addition it can soothe and relieve the discomfort babies get from:
- Wind, colic and constipation;
Baby Massage has been proven to be particularly effective for babies with special needs or premature babies.
Our courses are suitable for babies 1 week old to 6 months old.
Baby massage is either performed over the baby’s clothes or using oils. The oils are all organic and cold-pressed. We do not use nut-based oils.
Venues & DateS
Helen's Coffee… on the Green, North Chingford, E4 7EX
Mondays 11am - 12noon
4 week course is £40 which includes course handouts and organic oil. Or join as a group and get a discount.